Logo

Putting way to much time into a cheap old boat.

Motorfish

So check it out. Im rebuilding this '71 trihull with a 74 Evinrude 50hp Lark.
First actual boat weve owned. Ive always been a car guy and i like to paint, like hotrods and whatnot. So basically im gunna build a hot rod little fishing boat for me and my lady to use on the halifax here in Daytona. Paddling the canoe sux sometimes and the water does get a bit cold here.

So if ya want check out these pics. Today i was working on making the controls all perty. The old "disk thing" was dented and old and gross. I made a new one from a sheet of aluminum. Painted the housing. Im going to pinstripe it a bit in the next few days. The engine is down to individual pieces and being rebuilt. If you are near daytona or know someone to help with boring the cylinders lemme know.
Follow along if ya want, ima prolly have questions.
Ima post pics. Thanks guys.

Ok. I want to upload pics. Can I not do that?
I need help already. damn.

Last edited:
Very interesting! Let's see what ya got. Reduce photo file size to under 1000k and you can post the pictures in the "advanced", then click on paper clip up in user interface above your text. Attach your photos from your file. I use litphoto....and it keeps a nice library for you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210305-200618.jpg
    Screenshot_20210305-200618.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Restoring old boats is fun! I have done several. How deep into this are you going? It can get expensive. Put your time and money into the things that make it reliable, then worry about what it looks like cz honestly nobody cares but you.

Back