Logo

NLA Heat exchanger hose help

o2batsea

Outstanding Contributor
So, big smart guy that I am, bought a used heat exchanger for the Big Block. All good so far. No problems with the heat exchanger and the brackets, and it came with the correct thermostat housing. Great. One small issue has come up and I think I know what to do but wanted to solicit the collective mind first.
The specific hose I need to connect it is the big one that goes from the heat exchanger to the circulation pump. It's NLA, and there doesn't seem to be any out there on the net. I've been looking for three days now. Part number 32-805138 shows as "unavailable". Poop
So I guess I will have to use the (brand new) circulating pump hose from the seawater cooling system, cut the upper curved end off and use that. Does that sound feasible or is there a secret hoard of NOS heat exchanger hoses somewhere? I don't want the hose to foul the fuel/seawater pump housing, and prefer the correct part if it can be found either thru a cross reference or some other part number.
Thanks

Last edited:
Made in Wujiang China....but what else can you do? They supply Caterpillar stuff as well. We use em on the big Great Lakes Vessels. Each 1000 footer ore carrier has 4 big Cat Generators.

Ive been to Shanghai. Wujiang is like a suburb on the western side. Not hating it, it's a nice area. Wanna check out Lake Tai next time. Awesome food there

Yup, my Philipina wife must think I'm Chinese.....she often calls me " Som tim wong". Haven't figured it out yet after 21 years.

Ah the lovely filipinas, I haven't been to the P I for quite some time, was known as "u numba one GI"

Just to put an end to this, The hose was ordered and delivered. Now just need to get over to the barn and get it put on.

Back