Logo

2003 Evinrude ficht 200 fuel water seprator

joshcom

Installing this next week on 1977 mako 21’ with origina tank which was drained last year.
Considering installing two racon fuel water separators side by side with clear bowls. Thoughts?

Is the tank aluminum? I honestly think 1 would suffice, unless you plan on doing a step down with one to a smaller micron but that's going to be the least of your problems with that engine from everything I've experienced with them.

Is the tank aluminum? I honestly think 1 would suffice, unless you plan on doing a step down with one to a smaller micron but that's going to be the least of your problems with that engine from everything I've experienced with them.

yep - i know. but already own the motor. So one with the clear bowl and a 10 micron?

The clear bowl is entirely up to you, I know the clear and metal bowl Racor setups are more expensive. The standard water separator cartridge is 25 micron, like the quicksilver/mercury ones. 10 micron is recommended for fuel injection/direct injection. If you're looking at an S3227 or similar, the flow rate is 60gph, which I think is plenty for your engine.

Just install a regular 10 micron filter.... Unless you are using non ethanol fuel, a water racor is not worth the $$$ The engine should already have a water sep on it with a sensor..

Back