Logo

Honda 2012 o2 sensors keep going

Jasoncop

Hi guys
I have twin bf225a 2012 engines . I have always had issues with o2 sensors . The higher exhaust outlet should be over 150mm above the water whilst trimmed fully down ( mine is 100mm)
this may be the cause . But sometimes they last 1 month sometimes 6 months . Is there a fix ? Or cheaper alternative to Honda’s o2 sensor ? Or a way of silencing the alarm ( disconnecting ) . Now the local dealers can’t get me a sensor for 6 weeks . Any help would be much appreciated.
thanks Jason

Jasoncop, don't forget to get back with us if you decide to try one of these options. I'll guarantee I'll do a better job of note taking for the next guy with this issue! -Al

Did you check to see if the motor has any recalls or service bulletins or whatever they call it? I had O2 sensor issues right after purchasing current boat 2 years ago. Honda bf250. Replaced one, then had another failure within a few months. Started researching, emailed Honda about a warranty question (I was just out), and they informed me there was an open service bulletin related to the ECM. The local authorized shop replaced the ECM and I had no issue at all last year with the motor.

Back