Logo

Hello and needing some info/help please....

QuickBrick

Hey everyone. My name is Harrison. Just found this site after doing some research on an oil leak I have going on.

Boat is a 2013 Regal 2500 with a VP 300hp 300-C-A. It's losing about a quart an hour of run time. I stuck my borescope under the engine and can't see anything leaking, just oil in the hull.

I got the boat detailed a few weeks ago at the marina. Engine compartment was spotless. I picked it up, took it for a rip, drove it to the house. This has been an issue since I bought the boat in July 2020 with 150 hours on it. Now has 205 hours on it. Boat was used in Saltwater in Daytona Area for the first year of it's life, then nephew bought it and it went to NC in freshwater for the last 6 years. Kept in drydock.

The boat was neglected by the previous owner I think. Had a few issues with it but I was expecting it. It's been a great boat besides a water pump impeller getting eaten up. The boat just needed some maintenance and a little TLC. Detailer literally made it look like a brand new boat. So happy with his work.

So..... anyone have one of these engines know of any common issues with this? I'm hoping it's something simple and not a rear main seal. Never pulled a boat engine before but I'm not scared to work on the engine. We build street/drag cars for a living. Cars I can do.... boats not really. I mean, it is a small block Chebby engine somewhat.

One more issue.... I've got a new trim pump and seal kit for the rams. Whenever underway when I trim up the drive, it'll fall back down after about 10 seconds. I read there's a new updated pump for the DPS-B outdrive so I got that. What would cause the drive to fall down underway? Bad seals or pump? The pump is located on the transom on the outside of the hull. SMH. Why Volvo.... WHY? I have noticed some oil in the water when leaving a dock at a restaurant. Trim fluid level is normal. Outdrive will stay up when on the trailer no with problem.

So yeah.... that's about it. Lol. I appreciate y'all taking to time to read this and answer this. Looking forward to this site. Nice being on a forum again. Facebook has killed car forums!!

Engine oil leak possibly due to leak in oil cooler which is the first thing that the raw sea water flows thru upon entering the boat proper.

Engine oil leak possibly due to leak in oil cooler which is the first thing that the raw sea water flows thru upon entering the boat proper.

Thanks Capt. Bob. Appreciate the help. Looks like I may have gotten lucky. We found the dip stick tube fitting leaking. Right at $40 worth of parts. Think I spent more on next day air shipping than the parts. Lol. I ordered all part numbers 32-37. Hopefully we can still get the old one off without destroying the pan.

Screenshot 2021-02-24 004611.png

Back