Logo

Yamaha F150 LB (2019)

[FONT=&quot]We have a Yamaha F150LB (2019) with bent tilt cylinder shaft. We need to dis-assemble the plunger from the shaft. Apparently there are two variations. One type shows the plunger threaded on to the cylinder shaft. This one has a plate that holds the spring loaded plungers but the rod is not retained by a traditional nut. It does have a pin, item #12, as shown on page 3-13 of the catalog and also a ball, item #11. Without damaging any of these parts, what is the process for removal of the plunger from cylinder shaft?[/FONT]

No, the tilt cylinder shaft was bent. I think it had been trailered without lock in position or supplemental support installed. It came apart easily from the plunger once I knew it simply unscrewed. Straightened the shaft easily in the hydraulic press with blocks of oak to prevent scratching and it's back together and working great. Thanks for responding....Gerry

Let's see if we can talk correct terminology. See the illustration from the parts catalog. Are you talking about the tilt rod being bent? That is my guess.

All of the F150LB models use the same configuration. The tilt rod screws into the piston sub assembly.

Yes, item #4 from the pictorial, tilt cylinder rod. Had never had one of these dismantled before so wasn't sure of the process or if there was a locking mechanism or only threaded. Since learning that it was only threaded, it was no problem. Had to buy the spanner wrench though to remove the cylinder end, with the tool, no problem. It's all together and working great. Thanks for responding.
Gerry

Back