Logo

2020 Suzuki DF200AP won't idle.

Bloodyfun

Hi Guys,

Well kind of a bummer having to post this but I need some help. I also posted this question in the boating forum at THT.

I just had 2- 2020 Suzuki DF200AP installed on my 29ft Tarheel, fishing Boat. They were installed by a Suzuki Dealer here on the island. They have approximate l y 12 hours on them and I was in the process of breaking them in by not staying at any one rpm for more than 5 minutes, when I became aware of the issue.

The issue is that when bringing the throttle down from say 3500rpm to idle the port engine dies out. It will start back up, but sometimes will cut back out. When it does idle, it seems to be running rough. The starboard engine purrs like a kitten. The port will cut out even when I have the throttle only engaged and rev the engine up and then bring it down to idle.

All new water separator, fuel filters and fuel lines were changed out during the install. It was converted from an inboard diesel and the tanks were drained and filled with 90 gallons each of Gas and the mechanic had me add some octane booster before the first run.

The mechanic has swapped out the injectors, throttle body, spark plugs, main computer from the good running engine to the bad one and the symptoms remain with the bad engine and the good engine runs fine. He did hook up his computer to the engine once and saw that the IAC was reading higher on the bad running engine than what was seen on the good engine, which is why he swapped out the throttle body since the IAC is built into the throttle bodies. Also there is no error codes being generated.

The tech sent the data file of the engine running to another tech who saw that the valve timing was way advanced over the good running engine when at idle. So he ordered a new, I believe its the OCV. He says that its possibly stuck in the advanced positiin not letting the valve timing come back down when at idle, hence why the engine runs smooth at higher rpm's and rough at idle. The part isnt here yet so I will update when imstalled.

The tech also checked the vacuum lines and a check valve and all appeared good.

If owner or tech has run into this issue with this engine can you help.me out and let me know what we should be looking for. I know the engines are under warranty, but its taking awhile and I don't want my good engine being torn apart any further if we can figure out what the problem is.

Thank You in Advance,
Cliff

Back