Logo

1953 Gale Outboard Buccaneer 3hp 3D11B broken tiller handle

Colezay

Regular Contributor
Hi everyone, I recently snapped the handle on my 1953 buccaneer model #3D11B. If anyone knows the part number or where I can find one that would be greatly appreciated

Heading out to the shop now. I could weld it for you too. Isn't there somebody you trust locally who can weld it for you?

Heading out to the shop now. I could weld it for you too. Isn't there somebody you trust locally who can weld it for you?
I’m pretty sure it’s aluminum and I don’t know anyone capable of welding aluminum, contacted American Outboards via email and didn’t get a response.

I would fix that with JB weld.----Clean / prepare the area.-------Lay in some 4" long carbon fiber / fiberglass strand.---Saturate with JB epoxy.-----Sit back and wait.

I would fix that with JB weld.----Clean / prepare the area.-------Lay in some 4" long carbon fiber / fiberglass strand.---Saturate with JB epoxy.-----Sit back and wait.
I tried just normal jb weld 3 times. Made sure it was 50/50 mix. I mean it held it together but not enough.

I guess it takes time / practice to use JB and fiberglass / carbon fiber to its full potential.-----Or were you trying to do an invisible repair ???

Didn't have one. Only some Hiawathas....not the same. I could weld it up....strong as new. There has to be some aluminum welders in your area. This is not cheap " pot metal"....it is aluminum....easy to weld with a MIG or TIG welder. This is a 5 minute job. Cost about $20 bucks.

Back