Logo

9.9hp Carb vs 15hp Carb Gamefisher, Mercury, Chrysler, Force

FishingNutz

HELLO, This is my first post , but I have been trolling for info on here for several years it seems. I wanted to state the obvious in regards to the 9.9 CARB SWAP from a 15 HP gamefisher. Supposedly it is gonna wake it up tremendously, well I got my carb today and its definitely bigger and definitely not the same size spread where the mounting studs are on the engine. Nowhere close. They are at an angle also on the 15hp model. Same part numbers , I know, but they aren't the same parts. They apparently did that for a reason, but that reason aint helping wake up my 9.9... I guess my question is...Can I make an adapter plate to take place of the spacer. Same thickness, but go from smaller spread to wider spread amd mount the carb that way. I've got it, so I would like to use it. I can make the plate and tap the carb side holes if I need to. Im bummed it didn't bolt up like so many have said. Typical arm chair quarterbacks, talking about doing something they haven't ever done !! I have both here in front of me. Hope this helps some folks and not waste alot of time and money for nothing. Thank yall in advance. Jonah

HELLO, This is my first post , but I have been trolling for info on here for several years it seems. I wanted to state the obvious in regards to the 9.9 CARB SWAP from a 15 HP gamefisher. Supposedly it is gonna wake it up tremendously, well I got my carb today and its definitely bigger and definitely not the same size spread where the mounting studs are on the engine. Nowhere close. They are at an angle also on the 15hp model. Same part numbers , I know, but they aren't the same parts. They apparently did that for a reason, but that reason aint helping wake up my 9.9... I guess my question is...Can I make an adapter plate to take place of the spacer. Same thickness, but go from smaller spread to wider spread amd mount the carb that way. I've got it, so I would like to use it. I can make the plate and tap the carb side holes if I need to. Im bummed it didn't bolt up like so many have said. Typical arm chair quarterbacks, talking about doing something they haven't ever done !! I have both here in front of me. Hope this helps some folks and not waste alot of time and money for nothing. Thank yall in advance. Jonah
So how did you make out with your conversion? If it didn' t happen I sure am in need of a carb. To fit my 15 hp Gameffisher.

Back