Logo

o3' 60 four stroke

scalhoun506

Regular Contributor
am a old 2 stroke guy but looking to cross over. see an ad for a 03' 60 hp, 400 hours, whats are good compression numbers, was 03" one of the first years for 4 strokes?

No they started making them around 2000, prior to 2005 these motors were carbed
rather than fuel injected.
they can be a little fussy on cold starts.
make sure the ball is pumped up hard, and them pump it a few more times.
It's the only thing I found that worked.

Yamaha USA has offered four stroke models since 1985.

Compression should be reasonably consistent between cylinders and if the test is performed correctly (motor hot from having just been run, throttles wide open, battery fully charged, starter motor energized until the compression stops rising) above 135 psi or so.

got a old 87' 48 spl johnson now, a good DIY engine, have worked on it for years, being the 60 hp is carb engine is it some what of a DIY engine, are service manuals available? is down loading engine run history possible?

"Yamaha USA has offered four stroke models since 1985"

not the F60
That is correct. Different horse power four strokes have been introduced randomly throughout the years.

"was 03" one of the first years for 4 strokes?"

I read the OP's question about Yamaha four strokes. Not the F60 model.

That is correct. Different horse power four strokes have been introduced randomly throughout the years.

"was 03" one of the first years for 4 strokes?"

I read the OP's question about Yamaha four strokes. Not the F60 model.

All good, was responding to the thread title. :)

well that one got away, sold! but did get a look at it, but it had fuel injection, after looking at parts sheets, looks like 2005 was the first year of injection for the 60hp

Back