Logo

1996 Evinrude 150 runs perfect, doesn’t charge

tc80211

After running well since replacing the power pack early this year I noticed today that my Volts were not going up to the charging range while running. Not great. Pull the stator to visually inspect and test the Orange/Orange blk wires. Getting 54 ohms. I don’t believe rectifier is having issue as my tach still works, with some intermittent and irregular bouncing. So new year, new gremlin!

to the best of my knowledge if the stator is outputting and the rectifier is rectifying and the power pack is processing, battery should be charging?

no idea

1996 evinrude 150 looper

The org/org blk are for the power pack charge coil not battery charging as those are the yellows...
to the best of my knowledge if the stator is outputting and the rectifier is rectifying and the power pack is processing, battery should be charging?
there are three coils on stator plus charge windings...yellows to rectifier to charge battery and tach signal, 1 for volts for pack/eye the org/org-blk and one for power to capacitor in pack the brown ones...Pack has noting to do with charging. Sounds like typical failing rectifier/regulator

The org/org blk are for the power pack charge coil not battery charging as those are the yellows...

there are three coils on stator plus charge windings...yellows to rectifier to charge battery and tach signal, 1 for volts for pack/eye the org/org-blk and one for power to capacitor in pack the brown ones...Pack has noting to do with charging. Sounds like typical failing rectifier/regulator

thanks! Going to order up a new rectifier (oem and not CDI this time and see if that does the trick). Will reply to post once it comes in.

Back