Logo

Need Opinion on 2001 75HP Mercury

I'm thinking of buying a used 2001 75 HP Mercury 2 stroke with oil injection. the compression on all three cylinders is 120
Are these outboards reliable and worth paying the $2500. ?

If it is the carbed 3 cylinder it is a good motor. As with anything how it was taken care of and condition are paramount. Is there a warranty? Can you test drive seen it?

I had a 2002 90 of that series for 10 years. Only problem to amount to anything was rubber deterioration in the 10th year...little black specks in the carbs. Ran on E10 and used Sea Foam. It liked to run. Thought I was out of boating so I gave it to a local fire-rescue. 5 years later I realized I wasn't so I bought another 2002, this time the 4 cyl 115 big brother. "I'm back in the saddle again"....Roy Rogers.

Thank you flyingscott, I did see it and looks in very good condition. It has 240 hours on it no warranty. It does look like it was well taken care of. I'm just concerned about the oil injected part since I hear if oil injection fails can ruin the motor very pronto. Not sure if this 2001 model can be converted to manually mix the oil and gas. I'm not sure if manually mixing is better than fuel injection.

Back