Logo

2008 mfs3.5a carb.

Mikey N.C.

Advanced Contributor
Motor sat for 5 yrs. Carb. was gunked up, cleaned and installed kit with float, neddle, bowl gasket and o-ring. Cranked motor but had to choke to keep running , I'm assuming low jet passage is clogged. Disassembled carb. for carb. dip. Put can't get plastic choke butter fly out of its slot. Has it been peeled in? What's the trick. Thanks

Paul thanks , was waiting on your response., Thanks. Had old can of Gunk carb. cleaner, so got a new one. we have at shop a ulta sonic cleaner , don't know name brand. Holds about 1 1/2 to 2 pints.

, with basket. With heater ,we're using diesel fuel. In it.i set it at 42°c when I use.
I was able to get choke , lever and butter fly out. I took a 1/32 endmill. And drilled down about
.010 on each side of thangs. Then pried up. With small screw driver against small boss it came out , it was a half plastic retainer. Peened in . got it out. Removed throttle butterfly
.cause it's plastic up top. Soaked in Gunk. 1 gal can. Then put in ultra sonic cleaner for 30 mins. Put back together , and idle like a kitten. You are rite , those itty bittys have small passages u can't see. Thanks alot for your expertise. And MERRY CHRISTMAS

Back