Logo

Honda BF90 Flush Port - No Water Comes Out

Dcav

Always use muffs to flush my motor, never any issues. Today I tried the flush port for the first time. Followed the manual, motor not running, but no water comes out - not a drop. Seems super simple, but I guess I’m doing something wrong. Is there a valve I have open or can this get clogged?

Update - flush port is/was totally clogged. Disassembled flush valve assembly and cleaned/unclogged. I was able to get water flowing from main hose out through the first hose flange/nipple. Cleaned second hose flange/nipple out into mount case but still no water flow out the pee hole. Again it pees perfect when I hook up the muffs and run on the hose regularly, or in the water. Just not through the flush port. I’m guessing it’s clogged up big time in the mount case somewhere. I even tried to push air pressure from a compressor, but nothing - no air or water comes out. Question is where exactly in the mount case is it clogged and how do I get that unclogged without taking the whole motor apart? How important is it if my motor runs fine and pees fine in the water? Logic tells me if something is clogged somewhere then water is not circulating well which means something is not getting cooled properly.

Back