Logo

Omc powerpack compatibility

crazy110276

Heyyy Guys. Thanks for accepting me

I am xavier from Belgium, I like boating since I am 8 and now I am 45 and still fan of boats. I have a tullio abbate family boat sea star 21 xitb v8 mercruiser. Cool machine.

I have a question and I am quite sure you can help.
Just bought an omc looper 140hp model 140943R snr: B003428 to put on my piranha spi speedboat. I need to rewire it, check some stuffs to make it run.
I just checked the cdi reference I found the ones on the engine are ref 583110, while original one must be 581805 that has an equivalent 582125.
Probably the ex owner tried to fix it without success...I was wondering if the 583110 can be used. That reference is compatible with max 90hp version, and mine is a 140hp. So, timing is probably different, and before doing anything on the engine, I want to make sure the cdi is the right one.
Let me know your opinion because for me, if both exist, there is a reason.

Maaany thanks and greetings from Belgium.
Xa.

That appears to be a 1979 model crossflow engine.----That is NOT a looper style engine.----And the powerpack / CDI unit does not change the timing !!----A compression test is the first thing you do on a 40 year old crossflow.

Thanks for the reply. There are two cdi's. I will make compression test first. I was just checking if the parts are the right ones. That looks strange to me. Xa

Back