Logo

shore power

bcclew

Regular Contributor
1976 26 ft silverton ac shore power .when plugged in in live state that i no should not be done but if done while plugging in i hear a buzzer? i looked under deck seems to be some type of box like a little buzzer.is this some kind of a ground interrupter ? it looks original. thanks for any help

I'd bet on it being a 'galvanic isolator'....the old quicksilver one I have will 'buzz' when there is current flowing thru the AC side GROUND lead.

if the buzz is brief and goes away after the power connector is fully seated, the buzz could be due to all connectors not mating at the same time...if the buzz continues after the power is connected, I'd start checking the AC accessories until the guilty one is located...

It might be a so-called polarity alarm. If one of the prongs is not tight or the plug is loose, they typically buzz until the issue is resolved. It looks like an old horn relay

Gene

they all use silicon diodes from what I have seen...and you can usually use the diode checker function on the DVM...

Back