Logo

Yamaha FT25-High Thrust Model 2019

I am trying to ascertain the spline count at the top of the drive shaft in order to retro fit an extension kit from log shaft to extra long. It will be 12 or 14 splines but the US Manufacturer of the kit cannot advise as this high thrust engine is aeuropean model only and not in the US (they say). I havce enquired of Yamaha who have said they will check and get back to me but 3 months now! Any Yammie gurus there who can advise on this? I could drop the leg and have a look but the boat is several hundrend miles away also the boat is on a mud drying mooring so would be a messy and cold business at this time of year, apart from Covid travel restrictions.

Hi Thanks for your response-my engine ID starts 6BLK?
It starts with the number 6.

Why the question? You have the motor. You should know if it starts with 6BLK. You should also know the rest of the letters and numbers. It is right there on the side of the motor. Just like it says in the owners manual. Surely you have written the ID down in your owners manual.
zsn.png

It starts with the number 6. Why the question? You have the motor. You should know if it starts with 6BLK. You should also know the rest of the letters and numbers. It is right there on the side of the motor. Just like it says in the owners manual. Surely you have written the ID down in your owners manual. View attachment 25578
Yes the full ID is:- 6BLK1004901 - I understood that it was only the prefix that was needed to ascertain the motor spec and hence the spline number. Thanks for your time on this.

I cannot tell you the spline count but now that I have the complete engine ID I can tell you that it is the equivalent of a 2018 production year USA model T25LA.

Hopefully the USA supplier of the conversion kit will now know what parts to provide. I presume this is Bay Manufacturing.

zft.png

Back