Logo

Difference between 150 and 175 Loop charged carburetors

Anyone know the difference between the 150 and 175 60 degree carbs? Are the bodies and main stuff the same? I have 175s but I can buy a couple sets of carbs off an unknown hp motor. Assuming i'm not lucky and theyre from a 150 what would i need to convert them to 175 spec carbs?

Pics of carbs are here belowcarbs.PNG

What year? Not all150 carbs are the same.
Not sure on the year of the new carbs. My motors are 98s and the carbs look exactly like the ones in the pics which are the ones I’m buyibg

I mainly only care about the bodies. My old ones have warps in them and need sealant to keep them from having vacuum leaks on the manifold

To answer your question
Size of ventura,number of holes in throttle plate,size of slot in throttle plate, jets.
Ok so what’s the easiest way to tell them apart.....not trying to be a smart ass here but are there specific part numbers etc? I haven’t found really anything on the subject other than the high speed jet for a 175 is 73D

Look at them,measure them
Their are part numbers you can look up ,on this site,with a model number
If you are just needing body dont worry about the throttle plates

Look at them,measure them
Their are part numbers you can look up ,on this site,with a model number
If you are just needing body dont worry about the throttle plates

that’s what I was saying, I just need the plastic bodies because the flanges are warped on mine and don’t seal. I see they have different part numbers from the 150s so I suppose they are different after all

Does anyone know what these white elbows are for on the carb? If they are removed it looks like just a hole into the carb. Are the for air vent purposes or?

Back