Logo

2006 etec no crank/no power

Returntrip

Contributing Member
Hello everyone, I am trying to help a friend. Trying to fix 2006 Evinrude etec. There is no power to crank engine or even lift engine with the power T/T. Cleaned all battery connections and have fully charged battery also checked all fuses i could see. Initially he told me the 4 LED lights in the dash worked. Now there isn't even any power at the ignition switch. I ruled out the neutral safety switch on start side of circuit. Im a marine diesel mechanic with many decades of experience but have limited outboard experience. The harness from engine to the dash control panel is very hard to get to the way it is routed. there is no power at starter solenoid with key in start position. Does EMM controller do all this? any input on this would be helpful, thank you.

Hello everyone, I am trying to help a friend. Trying to fix 2006 Evinrude etec. There is no power to crank engine or even lift engine with the power T/T. Cleaned all battery connections and have fully charged battery also checked all fuses i could see. Initially he told me the 4 LED lights in the dash worked. Now there isn't even any power at the ignition switch. I ruled out the neutral safety switch on start side of circuit. Im a marine diesel mechanic with many decades of experience but have limited outboard experience. The harness from engine to the dash control panel is very hard to get to the way it is routed. there is no power at starter solenoid with key in start position. Does EMM controller do all this? any input on this would be helpful, thank you.
What is the voltage at starter solenoid ?
What etec are we talking about?

Hey mate, Any outcome on this? have the same problem. Cheers

My 09, 130 did the same thing. Ended up being EMM failure. At first I thought is was the neutral switch. I used the boat that day and it had been started an stopped about 5 times during the day. No hint of trouble. The last start the engine ran a few seconds and died then no responses from the turn of the key. Good luck.

Last edited:
Back