Logo

5.7L 350 - 2003 - MAP/ MPI Horizon - Water Distribution Housing ISSUE

abl1111

Regular Contributor
Weather dipping to below freezing tonight - went to pump air into the air actuated system to pump raw water out of engine ( tonight ) and after just (2) pumps with the air pump, a big spring popped up at me ( normally, pressurized raw water water would come out of the bottom of the housing ). I found that the top of the Water Dist. Housing popped off, the spring and a white shaft looking thing - came out of the housing.

I sort of see how it all goes back together BUT, cannot figure out what positively holds the cap in place ( the cap has the air fitting and air hose on it ). It has an o-ring but nothing that helps me understand what holds it positively onto the housing.

What holds this cap solidly in place ?

If in a tight spot, can I run the engine without this functioning ?

Fast info appreciated as I do not like the freezing temps and having water in my block !

FYI - serial # 0M634400

22d4533a-8846-495e-bdbb-07af921f40f0

Update - geez slow going on the site. I was able to snap the cap back in place. BS attachment that holds it in place. Engine started with no leaking. I won’t use air pump to blow out raw water until boats on the hard ( not sure why that ‘blew the top ‘ off this thing in the first place ).

wouldvlike yo bypass this over the winter. Sounded like BT made a retro kit. Not sure...

Back