Logo

Tracker Tahoe Fish N Ski model...what years and Mercruiser models engine & ODs to avoid

guyjg

Gold Medal Contributor
Back again after 9 years of Merc OB engine. I'm too old for a small boat and in need of information you scholarly people could provide me about the Tahoe boat model fish N ski and the two engines used...4.3L & 5.0L and any year engine and Merc OD models to avoid. Many thanks in advance. Guy

Avoid any I/O power package with car converter exhaust expensive to repair and more troublesome with O2 check engine codes etc.

Guyjg what year are you looking at? I think the ones Lou is referring to are newer catalyst models. In the long run there will be no way around catalyst as sooner or later all will have them.

the 4.3 and 5.0 likely hooked to an alpha one gen 2 outdrive are two good long lasting power plants . Alpha gen 2 has no issues, great parts availability

I'll just say that these tend to be first boats for people and in that sense they might not get the care and attention that one would expect from a more experienced boat person. Tread carefully in this snake pit.

Back