Logo

Pee hole only dripping water --- 15hp Tohatsu

flatbottomman

[FONT=&quot]I noticed my pee hole wasn't peeing, so I replaced them water pump impeller. Next time I took it out, it was only dripping water. I revved the engine up a few times (in neutral) and it starter peeing normally. The next time I went out, today, it was back to just barely dripping water. What's going on? It is a 4 stroke Tohatsu 15hp.[/FONT]

Of course your model is a good thing to have. Never do just the impeller. Always do a complete kit. The side clearances are critical. The kit comes with the cup and plate to close those up. Did you push a stiff monofilament or similar up the pee hole while running to confirm no junk in there?

Not sure if your model has an elbow at top of pee tube, but that can plug too..... and might have to remove it to clean it good. Can also blow air back into it.... and the debris may reroute itself out the main water discharge.

After rinsing, do you store the motor on its side or does it stay on the boat
I noticed if i let the motors lay on their side even after rinsing they clog up, try pipe cleaners or even a split pin in the pee hole normally helps remove bloackages.

Back