Logo

Power Tilt Issues

Ryanthomas15068

I have a 97 Maxum with a 3.7/4.3 in/outboard Mercruiser. I have had issues with my power tilt going up. Down I have had no issue, it will go down, the pump kicks in and it can be clearly heard and it will work just fine. I got it fofured out since the I determined the relay was bad and swapped out both of them since I figured it was out, might as well. Swapped those out, hooked everything back up, then promptly blew the 20amp fuse it had. Swapped that out with another ome and again promptly blew it out after a second or two of running. Since the second fuse broke, i figured I had to put the new prong fuse in and get the setup for it or try bypassing the fuse all together.

Bypassed the fuse and got everything working, went up and lowered it back down no problem. I went out later to make sure I wasn't crazy amd wanted to make sure it works before taking her out and it went back to the way it was before. Down will wprk but i have absolutely nothing with the up button again. I took a look and I didnt see any wores or things crossed around the solenoid.

Anyone have any other idea as to what or where the issue could be? I haven't put a volt meter to the wires yet but that is my next step tomorrow.

Don't bypass fuses. You can burn up your entire wiring harness before you know what's happening.
Blowing fuses means that there's a short to ground somewhere. You need to find that.

Swapped those out, hooked everything back up, then promptly blew the 20amp fuse it had. Swapped that out with another one and again promptly blew it out after a second or two of running. Since the second fuse broke,

To blow a fuse that only controls the relays means you hooked something up wrong or are using the wrong relay

Back