Logo

1976/1977 Mercury 1150

Laidlaw

Hi All,

I believe I own a 1976 Mercury 1150. Engine compression is good so I want to start the cosmetic cleanup. I am sandblasting and painting. I am running into trouble with ordering decals. The current decal on the engine has at the end of the Mercury “Power Trim”(which it has). Problem is, I have searched and searched and can only find decals from 1977 that say “Power Trim“. None from 1976. Lots of decals from 1976 just none that say “Power Trim”. So my questions. Did the 1976 1150 come with those decals and I just can’t find them? Do I actually have a 1977 (I checked my serial number and it stated 1976, but close to 1977)? Or are the decals the same on 1976 and 1977 so I can put the 1977 ones on and it would still be accurate? Thank you very much.

John

Yes---76 and 77 were very similar decals.------So what is your serial number ?-----Visit ---nymarine decals.------To see the samples.----Decals are listed for models with and without power trim.----Easy I say.

Thank you very much!! I will check it out. I double checked my serial number and it for sure a 76. I will go to that website now. Again thanks!

Hi All,

I believe I own a 1976 Mercury 1150. Engine compression is good so I want to start the cosmetic cleanup. I am sandblasting and painting. I am running into trouble with ordering decals. The current decal on the engine has at the end of the Mercury “Power Trim”(which it has). Problem is, I have searched and searched and can only find decals from 1977 that say “Power Trim“. None from 1976. Lots of decals from 1976 just none that say “Power Trim”. So my questions. Did the 1976 1150 come with those decals and I just can’t find them? Do I actually have a 1977 (I checked my serial number and it stated 1976, but close to 1977)? Or are the decals the same on 1976 and 1977 so I can put the 1977 ones on and it would still be accurate? Thank you very much.

John

Just went to NY Marine Decals. They are super organized and have it just like you said. Thank you!! I also found out that they came in 4 colors for 1150 and some others for that year—so you could match you your engine color to your boat.

Back