Logo

Oil leaking - Honda 225 2002

Mr Main22

Once again I’m having a few issues. I want to say that the motor is running SUPER WELL. Although this last trip I went on a 200 mile round trip. I checked the vitals before and I had the oil filled.

On the way back, the last 30 mile stretch I get a overheat alarm. Stop and check the oil I notice is extremely low again. Now during the trip when I would stop and tilt motor up I would notice oil around the motor (in the water). I didn’t worry as I thought it was possibly some oil soot from doing an oil change.

So now I have came home I just can’t see where it’s possibly leaking as I took off the hood and can’t spot anywhere it could be possibly leaking.

I have also read of possible pan oil gasket giving out due to age? Now if it’s possibly that is it necessary to remove power head or can I come in from the bottom so that?

OR is there any recommendations of what else it could be or something I can check?

*recently posted thread of me replacing valve seal
covers and spark plug seals. Fixed that leaking area. I’m guessing these seals are starting to give after the motor is 20 years old?

Thank you ahead of time guys! I really appreciate it

That's the only thing I can think of that would leak that's not easy to find. Could also be one of the oil pump seals too.Also check the shift shaft seal although this only typically leaks into the engine well when the motor is tilted up.

Back