Logo

1973 OMC Engine Blue Paint Code

MarkiBoat

1970's OMC Inboard engines had a light turquoise blue paint color as in the attached screenprint from YouTube. Does anyone know the paint code or formula, or a company familiar with OMC engines from the 1970's. I'm repairing a 1973 165 HP inline 6 Chevy 250 cu in engine and would like to make it all one color with the correct paint. Thanks.

Attachments

• OMC 165 HP Engine Color - light turqoise blue Questionmark.JPG
    OMC 165 HP Engine Color - light turqoise blue Questionmark.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 52
A good industrial pain company can custom mix a color for you.
All they would need would be a sample to use in their Spectrophotometer (aka spectroscope).

Thank you Rick. You are correct, of course, about scanning the paint color. Unfortunately a previous owner in the 1980's gave it a nice dark Ford blue sprayover. As I'm replacing some parts now I would like to make it one color - the original color. It shows up in some places in small patches at the bottom of the engine where you can rub the dark blue off. But those areas are not large enough to scan. My local paint company suggest a business card size paint sample is needed. Hopefully, someone has some OMC documentation of the engine paint color, or has been able to scan the original paint and get a code??

Back