Logo

4.3L Water Temperature Senders

ignisuti

Can someone please tell me the part numbers for the two temperature sending units for this engine serial number: 0F288991

I've looked through the parts diagrams, but don't see these parts.

Note: My temperature gauge wasn't working. I grounded the wires out. One beeped and the other made my gauge go full scale. So, this has me thinking my problem must be my sending unit.
Also... I got one out. The other one snapped when remove it. Just ordered an extraction kit to try and finish removing it.

Go here on our hosts web store type your serial number in all the parts digrams for you engine will come up. One of the units is the sender for the gauge the one that made the beep is the alarm switch

Well... I guess I had to look through every link to find it. I assumed it'd be under "Standard Cooling System (Design I)", but found it under "Wiring Harness & Electrical Components".

Thanks!

Wouldn't it ground through the threads?
Normally, yes.
However, Merc wants to ensure that the housing is receiving a good negative connection, and is not relying on the two bolts alone.
When the two mating surfaces are clean, the little brass buttons ensure continuity.

Example only.

27-53045-1__58347.1558106820.jpg

When I look at the same parts diagram, I don't see a gasket listed. How can I find this?
Our host will have these, or look here.........
https://www.google.com/search?q=mer...hUKEwiZk7ie4MXsAhWPlJ4KHd3xDNQQ_AUoAHoECAEQAA

Ohhh... I understand now. Thanks for the picture!

I actually just replaced that gasket and the Thermostat as a precaution because this boat is new to me and I don't know it's history.

Well... I guess I had to look through every link to find it. I assumed it'd be under "Standard Cooling System (Design I)", but found it under "Wiring Harness & Electrical Components".

Thanks!
well either you or I looked through every component section... now you know where to find any part you need. You can do the same with your outdrive serial and get those parts too.

Back