Logo

85 merc 50hp propellor

Toab-boat

E2B67544-4FB6-4C9A-BF12-6DE56FF5EB14.jpegD7AEF946-A8E6-4862-95B4-65921302A5A1.jpeg

hi, wanted put this prop came as extra on boat.
marineengine.com says the prop is correct for the motor
solas prop
there is a space between prop and LU, still there even if I try for the heck of it to remove thrust washer.

first wondering, I’m sure I know, that this space would be an issue?

secondly if so, what could be causing the issue that prop does not sit in more?

thanks!

Yes running it would let exhaust flow around the blades causing over-revving or cavitation. The splines on the propshaft are cut shorter than the ones in the inner hub so it sits out, is this a prop with the pressed in hub or; the nylon hub and a separate brass splined insert? if so the insert is not the correct one for your propshaft.

Last edited:
C94DE437-7B87-48E4-98A5-C078C0137AC5.jpeg
Thanks for reply I’m not 100% but leaning towards the pressed in hub. Here is a pic..

not familiar with props but is this a go ahead and sell item or can it be changed with correct parts?

That appears to be a replaceable hub. Props using such have certain hubs and thrust washers. If you go to the top of this forum you will find parts/props/hubs listing. Select your pertinent data and when the props show up, note the removable hub props and what is shown for the necessary hub and thrust washer. Considering what I see in the pictures, I'd say it's time for a new prop anyway.

Back