Logo

Tilt tube on Mercury 125, two stroke from ´98

Kruger06

Hi
Is there anyone in this forum that can help on deciding when to replace the tilt tube?

There does not seem seem to be any wear and movement in the hinge itself, but the steering arm is always full of grease . It seems like there is missing some kind of scrape ring at the end of the tube, behind the M36mm lock nut. I have changed the nut, but there is no improvement.

In the parts catalogue, there seems to be an o-ring, but it´s impossible to see how it fits.

I can send pictures for clarification.

Br
Claus

Hi
Is there anyone in this forum that can help on deciding when to replace the tilt tube?

There does not seem seem to be any wear and movement in the hinge itself, but the steering arm is always full of grease . It seems like there is missing some kind of scrape ring at the end of the tube, behind the M36mm lock nut. I have changed the nut, but there is no improvement.

In the parts catalogue, there seems to be an o-ring, but it´s impossible to see how it fits.

I can send pictures for clarification.

Br
Claus

If you're just worried about the grease exiting the tilt tube, which they all do, I use this device which manages the excess grease.

https://bobsmachine.com/product/easy-steer-cable-grease-nut-fits-4-6-cylinder-mercury-mariner/

Back