Logo

1990 Johnson GT150 wont turn over?

Sbush81

Long time reader first time poster...Literally went to the lake yesterday and had absolutely no issues....Went back this morning and motor won't turn over...Battery is good....cleaned all connections and terminals....Turn key over get my chirp....push key in and primer solenoid clicks....But nothing from the starter....Removed starter and hooked to battery and it spins....2 little wires connected to starter solenoid don't have power regardless of key position....So im thinking key swith? Bypassed neutral safety switch to eliminate that....Any thoughts? I'll upload a pic of the control box and starter solenoid....Thanks for any help...

Stephen

Last edited:
Long time reader first time poster...Literally went to the lake yesterday and had absolutely no issues....Went back this morning and motor won't turn over...Battery is good....cleaned all connections and terminals....Turn key over get my chirp....push key in and primer solenoid clicks....But nothing from the starter....Removed starter and hooked to battery and it spins....2 little wires connected to starter solenoid don't have power regardless of key position....So im thinking key swith? Bypassed neutral safety switch to eliminate that....Any thoughts? I'll upload a pic of the control box and starter solenoid....Thanks for any help...

Stephen
Red harness connectuion.

No kidding....Bought a new key switch and that did not work...Unplugged the big red connector and it looks good and clean....plugged it back up....and now it spins over and cranks....I can clean the pins but they are shiny silver no corrosion...Should I spray a dielectric in it? Still can't believe it was that simple!!!

Back