Logo

2004 Crusader 6.0 Manifolds Lifespan

OnPlaneDrifter

Hello, first time posting. Just purchased a boat with 2004 Crusader 6.0s. The survey suggested changing the manifolds because they are over 10 years old. The visually look fine, no cracks etc. The manifolds are FWC and the engines have under 300 hours. I guess my question is, do they really need to be replaced? I can’t come up with a good reason as to why they should be replaced...would love to hear some thoughts. Thanks!

10 years in fresh water, salt water, or ? What type of cooling water will you be operating the boat in? With FWC manifolds you usually don't have to replace but the risers (spacers if equipped) and elbows should be replaced.

Thanks for the reply! 10 years in salt water and will continue in salt water. Risers and elbows were replaced in 2018, planning to replace again in 2022.

Thanks for the reply! 10 years in salt water and will continue in salt water. Risers and elbows were replaced in 2018, planning to replace again in 2022.

I think you should be all set then. Every 4 years for risers and elbows is more than adequate and after removing in 2022 you may think of increasing the interval to 5 years, if you still have the boat.

Back