Logo

Spark issues, and other questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas19829

Hey y'all

I just Bought a 1996 Mercury 25hp for $200, hopefully it was a good deal. I saw it running 7 ish months ago. but 1 part of the stator's copper wiring burnt. So Question is Could it be re-wired would it be worth it? I can't really afford to buy a new one right now after seeing the prices for one which is about $200.

Also, Is it possible to pump more Horse power into this motor, I've heard many people say you can add bigger carburetor's to make more HP for more Speed, Is this true? Only reason I ask is because I got a 12ft Lonestar Vhull, Im upgrading to this engine from a 1964 Evinrude 18hp Fastwin and im thinking about finding a jet drive for the Mercury but Heard those take HP/Speed away from the engine.

I mainly want to worry about the Stator Problem at this time. If it's possible to repair it, does anyone have a good tutorial on how to do it?

Part#: mercury Stator Assy 86704A10

Thanks.

I was asking about the jet drive option, Did not say I'm wanting one right away. Clearly you did not read my last sentence. But Nevermind on the Stator issue. I found one for under $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back