Logo

Michigan Wheel Corp Prop hubs & QuickSilver hub compatibility

I have a Alpha One, Gen 2 that the hub is beginning to slip. I got a few props with the purchase of this boat in addition to the one on the boat. One is a Mercruiser 48-78118-17 and two Michigan Wheel with the XHS Xchangeable Hub System. The MW are both 15x17 as is the prop on the boat. Problem is the boat is in the water and I cannot confirm what prop is on the boat but I know it is 15x17 rather than the Mercruiser 48-78118-17 which is 14.5.

I need to order a hub to either replace the one on the boat or perhaps one I have and can identify. The part number of the Michigan Wheel hub is 102 but only see the 202 for Mercruiser. Anyone able to offer some insight into what is interchangeable with these hub kits?

I didn't even see a 102 hub kit in their catalog...if nobody else chimes in, I'd say best to call them in the morning...

I didn't even see a 102 hub kit in their catalog...if nobody else chimes in, I'd say best to call them in the morning...

I know the part number once existed as I have the box along with an old hub kit in it.

I dug a bit deeper and did a few web searches including the part # for the prop that I thought was Mercruiser in my post and it comes up as Michigan Wheel. Also found some cross reference # for Mercruiser that referenced Michigan Wheel hub kit 202 along with some other prop part # as being compatible. Leads me to believe I can use the either the MW 202 or the QuickSilver Hub/Mercruiser hub kit.

So I ordered the 202 which I hope arrives in a few days. Will update if I was right or wrong once I get it and compare it to what I already have.

As a quick note to the forum host. I did attempt to look up these parts on this site but stuff like this is hard to find even with the mercruiser serial numbers. This is not the first time trying to look up QuickSilver parts I've had issues in finding kits and accessories items. Wish this stuff was easier to navigate as I do appreciate that this site exists and try to order stuff here first when possible.

Thanks Jack,

Initially I was looking to find out if there were differences in Michigan Wheel and OEM prob hub assemblies. I poked around on the web trying to make sense of the QuickSilver part # and even tried looking at the part breakdown diagrams but came up with nothing. I did eventually find some information that leads me to think the hubs are the same but I ordered the Michigan Wheel hub assembly as I have 4 of those props including one that is brand new.

Glad to see you on here. Hope your summer out on the water was great and everything else is good. We eventually got ours launched but ended up replacing the carb and starter over the season. I thought of just rebuilding the carb but it was just more convenient to just get a new one as the season was already so short. Maybe over the winter I tackle it as a learning opportunity. Starter solenoid just just stopped engaging. Both were pretty quick repairs. The drive has been flawless up until this last weekend and I limped home on a slipping prop. I'm a lot more confident with the boat both mechanically and on the water after this season.

Hoping to get at least a couple more trips in before pulling the boat for the season.

Again, thanks for all your help and advice.

Michigan XHS and mercury/ quicksilver flo torq Hubs are interchangeable if they are for the same engine family

Michigan XHS and mercury/ quicksilver flo torq Hubs are interchangeable if they are for the same engine family

Thanks, this is what I wanted to know as they looked the same. I'll probably order another along with a prop wrench and add it to my tool box on the boat.

I would suggest a Cheap 1/2 inch ratchet and a cheep 1/2 drive 1 1/8 socket. thats what I keep on my boat.

Wally world or Home depot....even Craftsman has cheap wrenches.

I have a decent set of tools in the pilothouse and kept an eye out for moisture and rust issues. So far they have held up pretty well over this season in a Craftsman 3 drawer toolbox. That said, I'll probably move them into a Pelican case I use to fly my tech tools in when I traveled around the country. It fully seals up water tight and will fit better in the storage area under the galley seating.

I am in the middle of rethinking the boat storage system as it functions as both camper and fishing platform but is a huge pain transitioning from overnight sleeping to fishing. After this season, I've got the whole winter to try to search ideas that might make this easier.

Back