Logo

FiTech TB Carb

Mikey N.C.

Advanced Contributor
I have customers boat at shop, '96 23-24 ' pursuit cuddy. With 454. Original carb has been removed and a FiTech TB street rod 400 hp, has been installed. 2 wires going to coil, wires going to spacer on starboard side riser for oxygen sensor and wires going to a coolant sensor.
TB is constantly flowing fuel. It's a 4 bbl t.v.. I've read they are junk don't know? Any one with info on this system ? Customer wants to know if we can install original carb. The only serial numbers I can find are the block serial # any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Yes the O2 plate and coolant sensor have to go.... Problem is Fitech does not go to closed loop until the engine hits 170 degrees... I ran a Fitech 1200 PA on my prostreet SBC... It failed two ECM's in less than a year and in a dangerous way.....

The OEM PN for the weber carb is 3310-806969A1

re: "Problem is Fitech does not go to closed loop until the engine hits 170 degrees."..... Now that's just lazy...

Well, in their defense, there's no need for oxygen sensor feedback when the engine is in warm-up phase. No FI system looks at that sensor until the engine is fully warm due to the richer mix. Once warm, then yes the ECU needs to know if there's rich/lean condition

A proper EFI system looks at engine coolant temperature, fuel temperature, ambient air temperature and manifold air inlet temperature

Back