Logo

4.3 high fuel pressure ?

Mikey N.C.

Advanced Contributor
Have a 2001 aquatron with 4.3 , 2 bbl carb. electric fuel pump pushing 42 psi to carb. Ordered new low pressure fuel pump for application. new low pressure fuel pump is pushing at 39 psi to carb. was there a regulator between pump and carb. that could have been removed. I'm not working on said motor, talking about problem with owner. He said carb. Is being flooded.
He's 75 miles away. Said he bought a holly auto pump and runs fine but over time it loses prime. Any help would appreciate. Thanks

Thanks, that's what I told him . He said the pres. 46 old - 39 new. Does electric pump have regulator. Thought it did. Now the possibility of 2 pumps(low pressure) pumping them #

I'd suggest you ask what unit of measure the gauge uses...

Yes, most electric pumps have a pressure regulator internal.

Absolutely no need to two pumps...for a carb on a V-6...

Assuming it does have two pumps and the gauge is really reading PSI (vs kPa), I'd say its a MPI setup and needs modification to work with a carb......

Not 2 pumps ,tried original pressure cause of over pressurized carb neddle. Single motor, and fuel pump started pushing more than float can hold. So bought new pump same thing (low pressure) pump. It's 36 psi to carb not 4-7 . electric pumps for serial numbers was ordered. But was pumping at 36. now guy has owned boat for. 10 yrs.

Back