Logo

DT140 2 stroke help needed rebuilding 2001 DT140

Sharlee3

I’m trying to rebuild my Suzuki 2001 DT140 2stroke engine and with all of the bolts removed that hold the engine together but for some reason I cannot open the case or housing. Are there any tricks to do this?
Thanks

I wouldn't pry,hit,jam,poke anything till instructed to.
The Manual worked great. I have my engine tore down and everything looks good but when I was on the water she made a lot of noises before locking up. I removed the spark plugs and turn her over and she made some scraping noise coming from inside the powerhead.
I don’t know what to do from this point..Can some point me in the right direction?

The Manual worked great. I have my engine tore down and everything looks good but when I was on the water she made a lot of noises before locking up. I removed the spark plugs and turn her over and she made some scraping noise coming from inside the powerhead.
I don’t know what to do from this point..Can some point me in the right direction?
Inspect gearcase.

If she did"llocking up" how did you "turn her over"?
Are you sure the gearcase did not lock up?
Did she make this scraping noise once power head was off?
Did she make this scraping noise once the head was off? When flywheel was off?

Does anyone know the torque spec for 2001 DT140 because the repair manual is not clear.
I’m ready to tighten down the crankcase and head. There some big bolts on the crankcase and some small bolts what should the torque be for those bolts.
Thanks

Back