Logo

Flywheel magnets

They are well made these days.---Rarely a problem.-----What motor ??-----What is your motor doing / not doing?----What trouble shooting have you done.----What trouble shooting skills / tools do you have ?

1985 Mercury 9.8 Sail power, I have removed the flywheel to expose the stator and trigger coils, I am still looking for some accurate data to start testing components. I have some trouble shouting skills and knowledge about induction electricity, etc.

What is your motor doing / not doing ????----What other trouble shooting have you done.----Sorry--I can not see , feel or hear your motor !

I really haven’t done much trouble shooting except determined there is no spark by using an line spark tester. As I stated in the previous reply, I removed the fly wheel to exspose the stator and trigger coils so I guess a thorough visual inspection was done.It used to have a remote control box but the wire harness was cut off and they just took some cable and grounded one side and hooked the other side up to the solenoid and used the factory start switch on the side of the engine. The end of the cable that was cut off from the remote was sti installed in the electrical system. about ten Inches of it was hanging out the engine. I did find a diagram but it was for a manual start same model but manual start. I was really needing a diagram for electric start.

Last edited:
Back