Logo

Need help. Why 20hp mariner 2 cylinder motor runs slow

Hi all friend.

This morning i tested the 2 cylinder and getting both 120psi. But on full speed but my speed is only 11 to 13km/hr.

Any suggestion please

With the motor running pull one spark plug wire off at a time. Use a plastic pliers to pull the wires off. It should be able to idle on one cylinder at a time. Report back results.

With the motor running pull one spark plug wire off at a time. Use a plastic pliers to pull the wires off. It should be able to idle on one cylinder at a time. Report back results.

Ok when engine running i tried take the one plg out, sound was less but engine was keep running, turn off the engine, put the plug back in, atart the engine, now took the other plug out, same sound was less but engine was keep running, tested before both cylinder got 125psi.

What could be the issue?

Ok when engine running i tried take the one plug out, sound was less but engine was keep running, turn off the engine, put the plug back in, start the engine, now took the other plug out, same sound was less but engine was keep running, tested before both cylinder got 125psi.

What could be the issue?

Hi all, just to update i clean the Carb, rebuild with original gaskit, bought from mercury, but progress doesnt change after few start engine doenst start, amd speed ia the same 11 to 13 km/hr, i dont know what else i have to do.

Any suggestion.

Did you soak the carb? Did you replace the fuel pump gaskets and diaphragms? Did you check the primer assembly? Is the carb opening all the way?

Did you soak the carb? Did you replace the fuel pump gaskets and diaphragms? Did you check the primer assembly? Is the carb opening all the way?

I did took out full carb, and soak and replace the all the gasket, dont know about fule pump and diaphragms. I have to google it.

Can some one hwlp me the fins the video or picture.

Thanks

Back