Logo

testing stator and trigger output, tools to use

baddog1016

Regular Contributor
Hi, I let it fester for a couple of weeks but the '94 Ocean Pro 200 I'm working on still doesn't have spark. I checked cranking speed by using my phone to record flywheel turns in slomotion. I think it's cranking at 244rpm but I wouldn't bet a lot on that being 100% accurate and it's mighty close to what the engine needs. I want to measure the stator and trigger cranking voltages with my DVOM that does do min/max readings. I am looking for a clever way to connect the meter leads to the male pins that are recessed in the connectors. What do you people who know what you are doing use?

Thanks

Hi, I let it fester for a couple of weeks but the '94 Ocean Pro 200 I'm working on still doesn't have spark. I checked cranking speed by using my phone to record flywheel turns in slomotion. I think it's cranking at 244rpm but I wouldn't bet a lot on that being 100% accurate and it's mighty close to what the engine needs. I want to measure the stator and trigger cranking voltages with my DVOM that does do min/max readings. I am looking for a clever way to connect the meter leads to the male pins that are recessed in the connectors. What do you people who know what you are doing use?

Thanks
I use jumper sugested in service manual.you could remove wire from connector.

Back