Logo

Johnson 130hp 1997 model number?

Beards247

Looks like the model# plate fell off (Pics attached to help ID). Want to get up to speed on standard maintenance and make sure whatever parts I order are correct (lubricators, fuel filter, lower unit oil, impeller, etc.,). Also, anyone have a link to download the correct operators/service manual for this engine?

I'd like to stay up on the preventative maintenance as much as possible and in general keep her happy.

Things I can do:

• Installing new spark plugs
  • Fuel filter
  • Removing the propeller and checking for fishing line
  • Steering linkages (clean, re-grease with what kind of grease?)
  • Greasing the pivot and tilt tube as well as various linkages (what kind of grease?)
  • Change the gearbox oil
Service center:

1. Compression test
  2. Test the thermostat
  3. Pressure test the gearbox
  4. Changing the water pump stainless cup and plate, impeller and housing if necessary
  5. power tilt: check/lube/top off hydraulics

Also plan on doing a sea foam treatment this Fall in the gas and carb... anything I'm missing or should reconsider?

Attachments

• IMG_20200923_081111.jpg
    IMG_20200923_081111.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20200923_081201.jpg
    IMG_20200923_081201.jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20200923_001319.jpg
    IMG_20200923_001319.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 41
@racerone, thanks for the reply and info! Any suggestions on how to pinpoint the model number? Read somewhere about finding a plug with a serial number, but not sure where to look to track that down.

Somewhere on the engine block there might be disc with a serial #-----That could help if you could find a serial number to year list.----Not easy to find that list.

Most parts are the same year to year.------And you can take the time on this very website to find if part fit a number of years or not.----What parts are you looking for ?----Things like water pump impellers might have been the same part for 30 years !

Yes that is correct. You can find and order that part through marineengine.com if you click the "boat engine parts" tab.
Any marine lower unit gear oil will work, I prefer the Quicksilver and run it in my 90. As far as quantity, you fill slowly through the drain hole until it runs out of the fill hole.

Back