Logo

2006 Mercury 60 Bigfoot can't get above 5000 RPM's

bkfreeman66

Hello All,

So let me start off by saying any help on this matter would be realty appreciated. So I purchased a used 2006 Sun Tracker fishin barge 21 from the original owner. The boat has been sitting for a few years per the owner. The motor only has 62 hours on it.

Issues: So the motor cranks right up n issues there. Idles perfect , the minute I engage prop it stalls .
Things we've done = Cleaned out the VST tank / replaced the elec fuel pump and needle / replaced the mechanical fuel pump and lines / replaced both in-line fuel filters / cleaned the injectors / changed all spark plugs / made sure all coil packs are working properly.

We have even moved the motor up 2 holes so that the Cavitation plate is more closely running at proper level.

Result = With just me on the boat top down no extra weight not even a anchor . The boat launches great...RPM's come up to 5200 then as the boat stars to plane out RPM's go down to 5000 @ WOT. boat has the original prop on it a 14X11 Pitch.

Does anyone have any idea as to what could be holding the engine back. I just will not get above 5000 RPM's.

Thanks,

Keith

Back