Logo

1983 Mercury 25 carb issue

Outtaluck2020

So there are no new parts for a Tillotson BC1B carb. I was reading other posts and from other forum's and someone made mention that a Needle & seat from a chain saw will work with this carburetor. The Needle is what I need for this motor and cannot find one. The original will not work with the 10% gasahol and is flooding the engine. I have had this off and went through it with a new gasket kit and need to redo the rebuild. Is there anyone who might be able to help me with this?

Hi, try calling Tim's Outboard in Hackensack MN at 218 682 2331. Mike Dan or Teresa. Have your motors serial # ready when you call. Also you should not use ethanol/gasahol in this or any other outboard, especially older than 2010's. Most newer motors have been engineered to "endure" 10 percent ethanol.

Hi, try calling Tim's Outboard in Hackensack MN at 218 682 2331. Mike Dan or Teresa. Have your motors serial # ready when you call. Also you should not use ethanol/gasahol in this or any other outboard, especially older than 2010's. Most newer motors have been engineered to "endure" 10 percent ethanol.

Thank you, I will do that on Monday. I could have one made on a lathe but can't reproduce the Viton tip.

Back