Logo

1985 mercury 50 hp lync sinc

Toab-boat

First wanted to say I figured out my primer bulb and float leak situations, thanks to the contributors for the help

i have read from the ones who answer most not to touch or do an thing extra, don’t look more into it....

so my question is, I’ve done the carb rebuild and seems to run fine in test tank, do I need to do a lync and sinc procedure.

both carbs open and close together, anything more?

thanks in advance

After redoing carbs and checking all fuel lines, primer bulb and filter filter for leaks

the boat started and hole shot was decent. Not what I’ve seen on YouTube. Does not sound like a 2-stroke

Starts n Idles fine

when full throttle it hits 4200 rpm or so (if speedometer is correct) and it sounds like it wants to go more does slightly and then back to the rpm
like small surges

i notice a bit of water/smoke coming by transom, lower unit meets powerhead (missing my speedometer pick up cable), water seems to shoot fine from tell tale

ran full on way back to dock all 4 plugs looked similar a bit more white then I like

compression 120 all 4 cyl and passes spark plug ( I have replaced 2 cables of 4 buying on a budget)

what would your next step be?

thanks

And one more observation...I have a rear fishing seat on a wood plank that covers my batteries/gas tank right in front of motor. If I’m at what is my new 4200 rpm max and lift up the plank of the seat the motor drops a few rpm’s. So the wood plank is blocking some air when lifted and motor drops a few rpm’s. If that’s useful

Checked today no obstructions to it, noticed my cowling wrap around was bent which would allow more air just not sure if that would make a difference...And I don’t get rid of the stuck on 4200 rpm problem with cowling on or off

No sir Not recently I did beginning of the year, and I have seen you mention that on other posts. Done some Decarb, I’ll check again

Racerone did check tuned and there was a small amount of build up, did increase my rpm’s though, still missing about 500-700 rpm’s of top end but that did help thanks

Back