Logo

fuel enrichment valve?

Junemann

So i was under the hood of my 99 mercury forceIMG_5008.jpg 40 elpt trying to chase down a tell tale issue when i noticed something kind of suspicious. i have attached a photo, and i circled in yellow what i believe to be referred to as a fuel enrichment valve? anyway there is two small tubes coming off of the top. the bottom hose runs into the bottom of the carb (circled in green). anyway that hose was so kinked i cant imagine anything could flow thru it. the top hose went nowhere, it appeared to have broke (circled in red), i believe i located the spot where its supposed to go because i see a real small chunk of hose attached to a nipple.

anyway fair warning i dont really know what im doing, but i fell like what i should do is straighten out the kinked hose, and reattach the other hose. Any reason not to do this? do these tubes really do much of anything? I only recently acquired this motor, but honestly the motor seems to run pretty good.

Easy-peezy!

Have a friend hit the enrichment valve, motor off and bulb pumped solid, with the hose going to the carb disconnected. Fuel should shoot out. If not, look for a bad valve, dead circuit, or a plug somewhere.

Jeff

Back