Logo

93 johnson 120 v4 no power under load help!

Ctreeh

Hey guys. I have a 93 johnson 120 v4 that has no power under load. I was at the lake the other day and the boat was running great for a few hrs but then as I was running across the lake at just a hair under wot when my rpms dropped by half at full throttle. The motor ran smoothly all the way back to the ramp idled great just no power under load.
Fuel system is good I rebuilt all 4 carburetors and cleaned out all the jets rebuilt the vro fuel pump I have good compression in all 4 cylinders 135 on all 4 I have good spark on all 4 jumps 7/16" new spark plugs all around. Took the boat to the ramp today to test it and still same problem no power under load frustrated I had my father drive the boat while I started jigging wires and when I pulled on the wires connected to the timer base rpms picked up more and more the further I rotated it until finally I was at wot but as soon as I let go the motor would immediately drop back down in rpms motor ran very smoothly thru the whole process no misses or anything.
I'm not really sure how the timer base works so I'm not sure if its faulty or maybe just sticking or something so any information or advice you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Back