Logo

Test Wheel for a 1989 Evinrude 90 HP E90TLCUR

YngwieL

Would anybody happen to know what Model Number the Test Wheel is for my 1989 Evinrude 90HP - Model# E90TLCUR - Serial#R 1503738

I've tried look, but nobody selling them really explain what they fit, just show a casted part# number on the test wheel.

You'd have to look in an OMC service manual for that year motor and it would have a part # for it. Maybe even a picture and specs.

Well---Not sure what manual you are perusing.----My factory manual for V-4 crossflow engines lists.-------OMC part # 382861@ 4800 RPM minimum.----And I thought an E90TLCUR was an 87 model ??

Well---Not sure what manual you are perusing.----My factory manual for V-4 crossflow engines lists.-------OMC part # 382861@ 4800 RPM minimum.----And I thought an E90TLCUR was an 87 model ??

it is, I was actually coming back here to edit my post, I have the 87 and 89, and accidently put the wrong model number.. its actually E90TLCEM.. sorry about that. I purchased online what they call a "service" manual.. but i don't think its an actual "service" manual. its more of a repair manual I would guess. would you be so kinda to see if you could find the Part# for the 1989 E90TLCEM, please?

this is what I purchased, that they said was a service manual --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B-F8qrE65hGgD4WzsuROd4wbymBVxhaZ/view?usp=sharing

Re: Test Wheel for a 1989 Evinrude 90 HP E90TLCEM

Sorry, put the model# of my 1987 without double checking before I posted. 1989 Evinrude 90 HP E90TLCEM:eek: to late to edit it.

You need to accept the fact that a test wheel ( test propeller ) is the same year after year !!!-----Or do you doubt that the 382861 will work for your motor.------Sorry , if I come across as BLUNT with my attempt at teaching.

You need to accept the fact that a test wheel ( test propeller ) is the same year after year !!!-----Or do you doubt that the 382861 will work for your motor.------Sorry , if I come across as BLUNT with my attempt at teaching.

na your the profession at this, if anything, i am all eyes when you respond. I dont take things personal when I am the one trying to learn. only reason I asked about the number for the 1989, is because when I was trying to look up the prop shaft in the parts diagram online, hoping to gain some information on the diameter and tooth count, and then look for a test wheel that way, the one in the parts section said it was compatible with other years, but didnt have 1987 as one of those years. so I assumed something was different.

???---Propshaft was the same on V-4 motors from about 1970 to 1998 and even beyond that !!

Sheesh, I need to find a better parts website..anyways, I could only find a test wheel that you mentioned on ebay, and I wasn't about to spend almost 400 bucks on something I shouldn't need more then once or twice.. thanks for the information, much appreciated.. though I think I might have found the culprit screwing with my motor...

There are many tests and inspections you can do to determine the condition of your motor.------What did you find on yours that might be the culprit ?????

There are many tests and inspections you can do to determine the condition of your motor.------What did you find on yours that might be the culprit ?????

I starting to think, and start from the beginning.. so I was looking at my fuel filter, and noticed black crap, and then noticed that the gas wasn't bluish / green in the white filter.. so I unhooked it from the motor, took the filter off, and filled up a water bottle.. and this is what I have, and its sat for 15 minutes now..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gCZdq7BCnxrBSzi97 and this floating.. https://photos.app.goo.gl/3nmqFVroB2xf7PAS7

Not sure, but I imagine I have to rebuild the carbs, or not since the filter stopped it from getting any further (dirty wise).. which kinda sucks, becasue the guy I purchased the boat from, said " the tank has been cleaned out" even advertised it was cleaned out. here is the ad as well --> https://photos.app.goo.gl/9PyTRuD9bbzwhFvt6

guy said (pertaining to the 1989 Evinrude) that he took it out, and it ran fine earlier in the year.. I got home, didnt do much for a couple weeks due to work and all.. so I took the hood off again, and examined it, and first thing i seen, was all the head bolts were loose, and took the heads off, and the number 1 cylinder had a 1/2" chip broken off, nowhere to be found, some scarring on the wall, but doesnt appear to be deeper then .020 at most. then noticed the lower unit wasnt even connected under the carbs.. said the lower unit was rebuild.. i call bs after I took that off, looks like everything is 30 years old. needless to say, I gave him a piece of my mind. so i went and got this 1987 Evinrude.. and we are here now..

but anyways... gas isn't supposed to look like that at all when u pump it into a container is it?

I starting to think, and start from the beginning.. so I was looking at my fuel filter, and noticed black crap, and then noticed that the gas wasn't bluish / green in the white filter.. so I unhooked it from the motor, took the filter off, and filled up a water bottle.. and this is what I have, and its sat for 15 minutes now..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gCZdq7BCnxrBSzi97 and this floating.. https://photos.app.goo.gl/3nmqFVroB2xf7PAS7

Not sure, but I imagine I have to rebuild the carbs, or not since the filter stopped it from getting any further (dirty wise).. which kinda sucks, becasue the guy I purchased the boat from, said " the tank has been cleaned out" even advertised it was cleaned out. here is the ad as well --> https://photos.app.goo.gl/9PyTRuD9bbzwhFvt6

guy said (pertaining to the 1989 Evinrude) that he took it out, and it ran fine earlier in the year.. I got home, didnt do much for a couple weeks due to work and all.. so I took the hood off again, and examined it, and first thing i seen, was all the head bolts were loose, and took the heads off, and the number 1 cylinder had a 1/2" chip broken off, nowhere to be found, some scarring on the wall, but doesnt appear to be deeper then .020 at most. then noticed the lower unit wasnt even connected under the carbs.. said the lower unit was rebuild.. i call bs after I took that off, looks like everything is 30 years old. needless to say, I gave him a piece of my mind. so i went and got this 1987 Evinrude.. and we are here now..

but anyways... gas isn't supposed to look like that at all when u pump it into a container is it?

went and took the bowl drain screws out, got a 5 gallon portable tank, mixed 50:1.. pumped the bulb until the new fuel came out the float drain holes for about 30 seconds.. dried everything up. put the boat in neutral, haven't even adjusted the linkages yet (turn the key, hit the primer. fired right up..little bit of roughness for about 30 seconds. then smoothed out and was idling around 620 rpms.. then went and purchased a Rancor spin off fuel filter / water separator on amazon..[h=1][/h]

Back