Logo

Looking for a little info.

So I need to re-power my 246 World Cat and the Max HP is 300 HP so I have been looking the 150 HP motors in the 2020 line.

I will be using it in the Salt mostly in Block Island/Montauk out to 60 Miles offshore along with Long Island Sound and the Hudson River.
The boat loaded with Engines, Fuel, Ice, and People will be pushing 8,000 lbs.
The boat manufacture recommends twin 150 even on their newest models.

Are there any known issues with any of these models in the past 3-5 years that would make me stay away from Mercury and lean towards another brand.
Or a major feature or option another brand has I should be looking for?

Troy

Sorry to say....but I think this is a better outboard. As you must know Tohatsu and Honda are marriage partners for over 20 years.
Honda has been manufacturing 4 stroke outboards since 1964......the very first in the industry.....a full 20 years ahead of Yamaha.
Honda/Tohatsu offers the only 5 year warranty in the business. Don't take my word for it....keep checking around.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201210-220456.jpg
    Screenshot_20201210-220456.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Mercury makes fine motors. They all do.

Problem with buying a Honda or a Tohatsu is finding a dealer nearby if and when you need dealer support.

Look around your area. See what brands have a dealer close by. Look at what other boaters in your area are using. There may be a reason why.

Back