Logo

New User Questions

JoesOptimax135

Hi,
I just purchased a Glastron Bowrider with a 135 horsepower Optimax v6 motor. I don't know much about boats however my marina seem to focus on Suzuki, Johnson and Evenrude motors. I want to start learning more about Optimax motors because mine supposedly has 49 hours of use. Is that a lot given the 2005 age and how are Optimax motors unique from Suzuki or Johnson? As a new boater these motors (seem) all the same to me..
JoesOptmax135

That would be a ----" direct injected 2 stroke " ---engine.-----Uses a computer to control many functions.----Uses a belt driven compressor to inject air and gasoline into the cylinder.------Oil pumped into the motor from a separate system---Ask your local shops if they will service it.----Ask about parts prices and availability.

That would be a ----" direct injected 2 stroke " ---engine.-----Uses a computer to control many functions.----Uses a belt driven compressor to inject air and gasoline into the cylinder.------Oil pumped into the motor from a separate system---Ask your local shops if they will service it.----Ask about parts prices and availability.

Okay thanks. Seems like a nice motor power wise...time will tell how many waves she makes.

Consider so few of hours almost a "new" motor. Be sure to use non oxy fuel and the recommended oil.

Back