Logo

To FOG or Not To FOG That is the QUESTION

Kstafford

Contributing Member
So i have twin 2008 BF200's that will be laid up for at least 5-6 months in the effort of not doing any more damage to our already delicate O2 sensors whats the majority say?

1 Fogg-em good through the intake don't worry O2's are cheap:eek: 355 hrs already replace both:(
2 Pull plugs and squirt in some motor oil......Cowling bolts for that last plug:mad:
3 Remove O2 sensor during the fogging session.....I kinda like this idea:cool:

So what do all you think ?

At $300 each on boats.net the HO2 sensors are NOT cheap. So #3 would be preferable, IMO.

I think it depends on where you live and how cold it gets. Living in eastern Virginia, I've never fogged my 225 during the winter months because about once a month I crank it up and let it run at idle for 20 - 30 minutes. If you can do that, then I think that would be the better procedure. I also use the Merc 25W-40 oil, which seems to keep an oil coating on the internal parts longer than the 10W-30.

At $300 each on boats.net the HO2 sensors are NOT cheap. So #3 would be preferable, IMO.

I think it depends on where you live and how cold it gets. Living in eastern Virginia, I've never fogged my 225 during the winter months because about once a month I crank it up and let it run at idle for 20 - 30 minutes. If you can do that, then I think that would be the better procedure. I also use the Merc 25W-40 oil, which seems to keep an oil coating on the internal parts longer than the 10W-30.

I live in Massachusetts where freezing temps are fairly common I would be afraid to get them wet once a month. I will be switching to the 25w-40 for sure though.

Back