Logo

2004 yamaha 115 4 stroke wont start

Chris527

Last weekend I turned my ignition on at the pump to watch my Guage. After filling up I forgot to turn my ignition off. In the morning I went out fishing and motor wouldnt start but I had power on all my electronics. My tilt and trim worked on the motor and at the bow but not at the throttle control. After digging into it I tested voltage on the battery/ did a load test and voltage seems good everywhere. I checked all my fuses and everything looks good. I tried jumling my starting battery and trided a different battery but can't figure out what's going on. Anyone ever seen a problem like this?

Does the motor even crank? If you are comfortable, you can try starting the motor by jumping the starter with the key on. It’s possible your ignition switch is crap.

Does the motor even crank? If you are comfortable, you can try starting the motor by jumping the starter with the key on. It’s possible your ignition switch is crap.

I got it figured out I wasn't getting proper voltage to the ignition. My wire harness from the ignition had moisture in it at the motor and my power wire was corroded. I ended up having to replace the 1 pin at the motor and replacing the wire harness going back to the ignition. Thanks for the input. A power probe is my new favorite tool!

Back